First, the families of the maintainers should be appreciated for letting us maintainers come out and play. Somewhere in between here are the hosting service providers and minimalinux guys. Second are the users who give back reports of problems and successes. Thank you.
Supporters and Users
- Solar Systems LLC
- A company in the Phoenix AZ area that donated a Macintosh iBook G4, which has enabled proper ttylinux support for that platform.
- StratusLab (link)
- This European grid infrastructure uses, among several Linux distributions, ttylinux as a virtual appliance, which I try to actively support.
- Pascal Schmidt
- started the project and maintained the distribution from 2001 to November 2008.
- Douglas Jerome
- has maintained the distribution since November 2008.
- William W. (Bill) Layer
- fixed the Flash_Disk_Howto.txt file.
- Jeff Pohlmeyer
- reported many errors and suggestions with the new version 8 build tools.
- Tin B. Matuka
- provided a lilo theme.
- Phillip T. George
- reported missing shadow support for passwd in the 5.1 release.
- Ronald Weist
- notified me about problems with the dhcpcd shutown procedure.
- Paul G. Rogers
- inquired about e3pi pico emulation of the e3 editor.
- Tim Freeman
- reported a bug in the mkttyiso script used for generating ISO images.
- John Wittkoski
- suggested improvements to binary package building.
- Andy Alt
- notified me about a missing /bin/badblocks program.
- Nile Geisinger
- provided a sample implementation of a modular build system.
- Arne Thomaßen
- suggested to include the retawq text mode browser in the distribution.
- Maurice Kinal
- provided some useful insight about dhcpcd and hosts the distribution homepage.
- Joni Jarvenkyla
- reported that the ISO version was using an incorrect keyboard and timezone setup, which was fixed in time for the 3.0 release.
- Oliver Friedrich
- initiated an attempt to make the distribution run better on devfs-enabled kernels.
- Bonny Gijzen
- requested not to rewrite the PPP configuration files at every bootup.
- KIVILCIM Hindistan
- suggested providing a fully bootable version of ttylinux. The first ISO was released for version 2.6 of the distribution.
- Harry Otten
- provided improvements to the firewalling script in time for the 2.0 release.
- Kevin J. Walchko
- initiated a rewrite of the initscript system in time for the 1.18 release.
- Matt Bucknall
- suggested a couple of documentation improvements about the kernel requirements of the distribution.
- Douglas Bollinger
- found a few bugs and created a spin-off distribution called TTY-Opener.
- Adrian Davey
- provided tips about making the distribution even smaller.
ttylinux google group
how to get help
Requirements and Features
Supporters, Users and Credits